Saturday, July 15, 2006

Romans 8:22-25


22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

There are many things we look forward to, nothing more than the Last Day of the Lord. Nonetheless, now is the time to wait and tarry and while we do, it is also time to build and to get ready. What should we build and what should we get ready? Souls and lives for God for sure but other than that, I seem to think that when the last day comes, we go to him with the amount of love, joy, hope, peace, charity and all the goodness that is available in our hearts and souls. I hope I have them when I am finally with Him.

Maeghan
Picture by Bill Davenport

3 comments:

  1. I seem to think that when the last day comes, we go to him with the amount of love, joy, hope, peace, charity and all the goodness that is available in our hearts and souls.

    Hmm I wonder what you mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are building our lives here in a temporary world preparing for our final destination in heaven with God. So I think that whatever we gain here will be what we are in heaven - how much we can love, how much joy we have etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that's what I thought. I once read that we are becoming what we will always be, and I think that is true in the same way as what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete