Thursday, June 22, 2006

A window of hope

I have recently prayed and bravely asked for something. I am rarely bold in asking for things from the Lord but I decided if it is something I really need, I can honestly ask him. He will give according to his will. So I asked and I waited in hope and anticipation.

Amazingly, I saw glimpses of that hope yesterday. It is not a concrete answer to my prayer per se but it is certainly a window to what God can really achieve if he chooses to. My faith in him is strengthened, my hope in him is fortified.

He may give or he may not give, it does not matter. What I am certain is that he has me in his hands and his purpose will be fulfilled, regardless. God is good.

Maeghan
Picture by Dark Water

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It is hard to pray bravely! To ask for things that may be denied is hard for some reason. Praise the Lord, and may He bless you with the desire of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Codepoke,
    Yes, it is not easy. You reminded me of this verse:
    Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.~ Psalm 37:4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maeghan,

    Reminds me of Paul's trial and God's reply: my grace is sufficient. I'd rather not get that reply, but I know in my heart that it is true. If all God did for us was die on the cross, that is sufficient. What more could I possibly need?

    God Bless
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug,
    Yes I agree :) And I just shared a song on Sunday with the 2nd service - The Shepherd Song, Psalm 23.

    The Lord is my shepherd
    There's nothing more I'll ever need ...

    What I have prayed though has to do with what I posted yesterday (26/6), and I am still waiting, patiently :)

    ReplyDelete