Friday, June 09, 2006

Imitation

Reading this: "the way we learn to think is by reading good thinkers and letting their thoughts form our thoughts" in Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers brought me some comfort.

Only because I have been reading quite a bit and when I try to put my thoughts down, I'd end up quoting them instead. I do hope that in time to come, what I have learnt from these great men and women of God will be so concretized in my thoughts, word and deeds that articulating it myself would be second nature, God willing.

Originality is nothing by judicious imitation.
The most original writers borrowed one from another.
~Voltaire

Maeghan
Picture by Tom Swillen

2 comments:

  1. Maeghan,

    Great ideas don't always come from original thought, sometimes they come from sifting through mediocrity and finding the jewels.

    Filtering inputs and pulling out the nuggets is a gift, and you are blessed with the ability to do that.

    Keep up the great posts.

    God Bless
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug :)
    You all are good writers and I have lots to learn.

    ReplyDelete