Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Hard and Grueling Day

The day has been grueling today, I have been up on my feet since 8.30am till now, 7.30pm. I suppose I will knock off the moment I hit the bed tonight (though I know I will still spend some time with myself, particularly in prayer and meditating on His word, something that very rare in these few days of work until I am back home on Saturday evening).

Psalm 84 appealed to me when I ran through the psalms trying to find something that will give me some comfort in my lack of devotion and personal time. I will not have anymore time to post much today, nor comment too for that matter.

And since I will be meditating on this psalm before I sleep tonight, I’d most probably post a brief one on the same psalm.

Psalm 84
To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah.

1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!
2 My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
3 Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah.
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
6 As they go through the Valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion.
8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah.
9 Behold our shield, O God; look on the face of your anointed!
10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!

Maeghan
Picture by Kathie Alvarado

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maeghan,
    I was thinking what a great psalm to think about when you really feel like you need to rest in Him and I was hoping it would help you when you went to bed and then I realized, it is already morning for you - so I hope you already had a good rest last night. I'm going to bed now. You would think I would eventually stop geeking out about the time difference :) but truly, I hope I am always amazed by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia for your thoughts - so did you find any appropriate psalm yet?

    Hehe ... nevermind - I am into geeks anyway. There are 3 of us in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I meant when I read Ps. 84 I thought THAT was a great one to rest in ...

    We would probably have fun if our families ever got together, lol.

    ReplyDelete