Thursday, March 02, 2006

I read one of the most difficult passages during my devotion this morning: Luke 16:1-9.

It has baffled me last year when I read it off Carson's For the Love of God Vol.1 and it baffled me again this morning; so much so that my breakfast devotion did not last very long.

Now that I am home, out came Walter Kaiser's Hard Sayings of the Bible. I had spent quite a bit getting this huge tome for myself last Christmas but so far I hadn't really got much out of it. And I couldn't make anything out of its Luke 19:9 entry.

But now that I am re-reading the passage, I realised that I may have made a mistake. I had read it in isolation of its adjoining verses. Reading on into v.10-12 clears the air a little.

I am being reminded time and again to read the bible in context and in its entirety.

Maeghan

Picture from http://office.microsoft.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment