Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I kept seeing Imelda Marcos on TV lately; in some trailers to what I suppose would be to a documentary or something. I could not remember her statement word for word, but what she said caught my attention.

I did a search and it was a quote that quite many a site have picked up. The most interesting entry I found is in The Wit and Wisdom of Imelda Marcos (http://www.thewilyfilipino.com/imelda.htm).

"God is love. I have loved. Therefore, I will go to heaven." - to Pope Paul VI, who responded, "Oh, how wonderful, how childlike."
Pope John Paul is certainly right - not so much for the wonderful part - but definitely right on with the childlike comment.

What drew my attention to it was what we had been discussing over the last exegesis class on the book of Romans. Some of the issues brought up had me thinking about this topic of justification.

I have not really spend much time thinking about justification before. I had taken it firmly on the assurance of Rom 3:21-26. I can't really say that for sure now until I take a further look into it, especially on the few issues that were brought up during the Romans class.

In the meantime however, I will still stand by it that I am justified by faith.

But what then can I make of Imelda Marcos?

Maeghan
Picture by Luc Sesselle

No comments:

Post a Comment