Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My reading plan for the next 21 years!

I have done 2 chapters of Michael's Interpreting the Book of Revelations this morning during a long breakfast and it is a pretty good read. I enjoyed it so much that I begin to have this inclination to re-implement what I did in 2002-03, i.e. read a book a month.

But I realised somehow it is quite ridiculous -- I have more than 400 books and if I assumed that 250 of them are suitable for reading from cover to cover, with one book a month, I will need 21 years to complete them all!

21 years?! Oh dear ...

So much for the poem I included in the my side panel (taken from Alex's blog) about a week ago - how apt.


Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them!
How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time
I read them.
~ Arnold Lobel

pearlie

6 comments:

  1. ah, pearlie,

    you did not include the books you will be buying. It will definitely take you more than 21 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I know, it is on the assumption that after realising that I need 21 years to read the books I have already bought, I wouldn't buy any more to add on to the endless list.
    ..
    ..
    naaah ... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you still won't grow the 'long beard'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hyperbolically speaking I would! if I were to finish reading ALL the books on my shelves and as Alex has already highlighted those yet to come, and including your Deuteronomy! Heeeeelppp!!! Not a beard .......

    ReplyDelete
  5. 21 years based on today's collection....but maybe 40 years based on tomorrow's collection, after you drop by Canaanland sale which is NOW on.....hahahahaahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya, I learnt about the sale when I called in to enquire a book - I am scared to go now. Just got the book reserved though.

    ReplyDelete