Friday, November 20, 2009

Father I thank You



Father I thank You
For all that You've done
You gave Your Son freely for me
And I praise You for calling me
Drawing me near
Out of blindness
You caused me to see

Spirit of life
You are God's holy fire
You've kindled my heart with Your blaze
And I know You're refining me
Changing my life
And by faith You're revealing Your ways

Jesus I need You
As Lord of my life
I give all I have unto You
Lord I want to come
Under Your heavenly hand
And to praise You in all that I do

~ Steve Stewart

pearlie

Update 7 Nov 2015: I finally found a YouTube video of this song and have just included it above. Chords are found here.

5 comments:

  1. I liked this Pearlie. Hope it is okay that I copied it to Daily Prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words are very meaningful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a song I grew up singing. Do you the song? I have been singing it again lately to remind myself who God is and who I am in relation to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lyrics. This song was brought to mind last night so I had to find the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete