Thursday, June 28, 2007

But


I am getting prepared. For this and that.
I searched the bible. A verse to relate.
I found Proverbs 21:31.

The horse is prepared for the day of battle,
But victory belongs to the LORD.

I am prepared. My horse is prepped up.
The saddle. The seat. The stirrup.
I am getting ready. The day will come.
I will fight.

But.

Victory belongs to the LORD.
He accomplishes it. He is the ultimate.
Not my efforts. Not my labours.
His alone.
I am responsible. I am prepared.
I fight.

But.

His is the battle. His is the victory.

So I pray.

All rights reserved © 2007 Pearlie Ng
Picture by Neil Gould

6 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love the picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this post, Pearlie :o) You have "said" so much in this short verse!!!! along with your brief words.
    God's blessings to you my sweet, young friend and my ((hugs)) :o)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're prepared now. {c;

    ReplyDelete