Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The nerve of him


I just told Calvin isn't it a wonder that I have been posting every day for a year and a month. He said, "No, you didn't. You only posted for every day."

Ah well, maybe he can be a lawyer one day. At one time, he wanted to be seven things when he grows up: a scientist, an architect, a journalist, a writer, an engineer, an inventor and a bowling ball.

Anyway, it is both Workers' Day and Vesak Day today. As such, we have today and tomorrow off as public holiday. I am taking time to get my hands into my 2 Christian Theology 1 paper and my preparation for my training on Thursday and Friday.

I have completed one CT1 paper though it is quite badly written, I need to spend some time reconstructing some sentences. I finally picked the question on the purpose of God's plan and how it should be reflected in my faith community. I have actually started work on the question on worship and the transcendence and immanence of God but halfway through, I don't see it going anywhere. So, I decided to abandon and switch.

Then Kar Yong had to tell me about a sale in Evangel and even though I know I should not have gone, I did. So, here's my haul:


The IVP Bible Background Commentary,
Old and New Testament
I used the NT one in the STM library and took note of it hoping to get a copy from the store. Therefore, I was delighted to have gotten both OT and NT at 17% off.


Studying the Historical Jesus by Darrell L. Bock
I know I should spend my time on Origen for my CT1 theological essay paper but I thought if I can convince myself to try the historical Jesus question somehow.


Now my Eyes have seen You by Robert S. Fyall
This will be good for my recent interest in the book of Job. I just don't know when will I have time to get to it though with the many modules upcoming from STM.

pearlie
Picture by Dennis Elema

7 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear your comments on Now My Eyes Have Seen Him when you get a chance to read it. Sounds VERY interesting to me. Just the title and the topic. I'm not familiar with the author. Are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    No I am not actually. The fact that it is about the book of Job and that it was one of the books in the series edited by DA Carson, did not make me think twice about getting it. Will surely let you know when I have read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pearlie- Great haul. Those commentaries look interesting. Let me know how you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I could hear Edward correcting me like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) yeah for the best sons in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it comforting that we are half a world apart, and yet parentling is not so different, eh?!

    I am still digesting some of your earlier posts, but I just want to say how impressed I am that you took time to share with us despite your crazy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missy,
    Yeah and being a parent is both so exhilirating and terrifying :)

    I just want to say how impressed I am that you took time to share with us despite your crazy schedule!
    Posting is good for me. It helps me collect my thoughts for the day and to have a quick revision of what I learnt.
    It is the fact that I can go back and remember "Oh yeah, it was that day that ..." that kept me going on faithfully posting everyday :)

    ReplyDelete