Monday, July 24, 2006

The many hats we wear


During dinner, my fellow sister and friend mentioned something that got me thinking. She was listing out the all the roles that I play: a wife, a mom, a homemaker, a boss, a subordinate, a theological student, music team leader, budding lay-preacher, Sunday School teacher, and by then I hoped she had stop counting.

I told her that I dare not even list it out but now that she has done it, I would cry out to God for strength and mercy. However, though I am perplexed and weighed down from every side, I am encouraged because I know God is with me all the way. And for that I am thankful.

Maeghan
Picture by Loretta Humble

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention blogger - lol!!!

    You're quite amazing Meaghan, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes ... I forgot that one ... Blogger, for sure :)
    And I am sure all of us are amazing in our own ways ... come on, you've got 3 kids!! And great kids at that -- I was just mulling this with the same friend. She is not married yet and therefore no kids. I was thinking if a person can be "judged" by their offspring. Good kids (meaning good fruit) is proof of good, God-honouring parents. You think so?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maeghan, I never thought of my kids as fruit before, fruity maybe... :) JK, they're the best!

    ReplyDelete