Tuesday, January 17, 2017

My training challenge

I was facilitating a training for managers on communication, influence and teamwork today and I was quite stressed out about it because of the topic on communication.

Being an introvert, communication does not come easily to me. But through the years, I have developed my ability to communicate well in small groups. But I would choose not to relate to a large group of people unless I really have to.

With that as my challenge, I have obtained content for the 1-day training from so many sources for just a 1-day training that it's almost going overboard. I hadn't realized it until I listed them out.

Crucial Conversations
by Kerry Patterson, et. al.

The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
by Patrick Lenzioni


Type Talk at Work
by Otto Kroeber, et. al.


Games People Play
by Eric Berne


I'm OK-You're OK
by Thomas A. Harris


Games at Work
by Mauricio Goldstein and Philip Read


Unmasking the Face
by Paul Ekman and Wallace V. Friesen


The Like Switch
by Jack Schafer


Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion
by Robert Cialdini
I have also just purchased this book that was on sale this month and will be adding content to the training sessions in the coming months.

I will be facilitating the same session for a different group tomorrow and I pray and hope it will also go well.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment